Slaves or Forwarders?

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Thu Aug 25 20:25:03 UTC 2016

AXFR over UDP is explicitly undefined. See RFC 5936 Section 4.2. Given this, I would have expected either a FORMERR response (interpreting the request itself as "illegal"), or a NOTIMPL response (interpreting "undefined" as "might have been defined by an RFC subsequent to 5936, but I don't happen to know about it"). NOERROR response with TC is surprising.

IXFR over UDP is defined (RFC 1995 Section 2), but not implemented (apparently) by BIND. So NOTIMPL would seem appropriate.

						- Kevin