Forwarding via different external networks

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Mon Aug 29 06:40:03 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016, at 19:22, Paul Kosinski wrote:
> "... whatever else you use to failover from the primary to the
> secondary would automatically ensure BIND resolves too."
>
> That's the root of the problem: there is no automatic failover, and
> providing one is a lot of work. I was hoping there was a simple BIND
> config option so that BIND itself could fail-over the DNS lookups and
> solve the immediate problem.

What is the point of having reliable DNS if your other connectivity
doesn't failover? And/or, can't you just switch your DNS over when you
do the other failover manually?

I run exactly the same configuration here and have been through the ups
and downs of the various methods. They're all terrible. :)