Using bind and ad blocking

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Feb 6 02:05:20 UTC 2016

On 06/02/2016 07:25, Olliver Schinagl wrote:

> I have configured my ad zone as a 'regular' set of zones all pointing
> to the same 'null' zone and the only problem I really have is that the
> newer binds no longer allows you to to do that, point to the same null

poppycock
our caching resolver loads multiple ad/malware zone lists all using
single empty zone, works fine - except when the two lists have
overlapping zones then bind bitches and bails out if bind is restarted -
just logs a warning on the fly though without dying, something I wish
would happen on restarts, so just combined the lists into one file
running with some awk, sort, and uniq magic, problem solved.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/