How to check slave zone freshness

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Feb 8 13:58:48 UTC 2016

> I want to monitor the freshness of my slaves zones. Is it somehow
> possible to extract the status of slave-zones from bind?

If you are running 9.10 or later you can use `rndc zonestatus`.

I have an older script which just looks at the timestamp of the zone
files; BIND bumps the timestamp whenever it successfully refreshes the
zone, even if it didn't need to transfer any changes.

Tony.
Irish Sea: Southwesterly veering northwesterly later, 6 to gale 8,
occasionally severe gale 9 or storm 10 at first in south. Rough or very rough,
occasionally high at first in south. Showers. Good, occasionally poor.