RPZ in dns views

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Jan 23 07:40:09 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 05:30 PM, Rama Krishna Prasad Chunduru wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am trying to use RPZ ( Response Policy Zone) in DNS views (BIND
> 9.8.2) but i am getting the below error
>
> service named restart
>
> Stopping named:                                            [  OK ]
>
> Starting named:
>
> Error in named configuration:
>
> /etc/named.conf:92: when using 'view' statements, all zones must be in views
>
>                                                             [FAILED]

That error message is pretty clear. :)

Whenever you edit named.conf, especially if you're doing it by hand, you
should run named-checkconf and make sure you don't get any errors.
That's what the service script is doing for you, and it's even telling
you exactly which line to look at (92).

> view  "second-key-view" {
>
>      match-clients{
>
>             second-key-acl;
>
>              //key secret-key;
>
>       };
>

>     zone "bbc.com <http://bbc.com>"
>
>     {
>
>       type master;
>
>       file "views/firstkey";
>
>       allow-query  {none;};
>
>     };
>

>     response-policy {
>
>           zone "youtube.com <http://youtube.com>";
>
>     };
>
> };

You ended the view with the close-curly-bracket immediately above. You
probably want to comment out (or completely remove) the zone declaration
below.

> zone "youtube.com <http://youtube.com>"
>
>   {
>
>     type master;