Outputting Different Rendering Type

Jun Xiang X Tee jtee at purdue.edu
Fri Jul 15 02:12:09 UTC 2016

Dear all,

  I wish to run a query like "dig google.com", and show output like this in answer section:
    google.com.             160     IN      A       74.125.25.102
    google.com.             2270    IN      TXT     "some arbitrary info that I plan to hack into"

  The trick is how to show the TXT tuple given the rendering type is A (the default rendering type).I found out that the tuples with rendering type not equal to query rendering type will not be printed out by the dig client. I tried to hack source codes of named server, but could not find any place to change.

  Does anyone have any idea about it? Or is there a better approach for doing so? Thanks!

Regards,

Jun Xiang Tee