Questions on how to setup Reverse DNS in bind 9

Spork Schivago sporkschivago at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:45:28 UTC 2016

Thanks for the response.

I had removed the A record after it didn't work.   I was speaking in past
tense there.  One of the DNS checking tools I was using went nuts
complaining about something not being right so I undid my changes.   I'll
recreate it.

The idea behind having two IP addresses and setting up the DNS servers was
because I wanted to eventually setup some redundancy and play around with
running a server out of my house.   I'll create the second A record for
jetbbs.com again but when we get into the new house, I'll change it so the
IP address for the second A record points to my server at the house.   That
way, if one server goes down, people can still connect.   It'd be a great
opportunity to learn this stuff a bit more I think.

Thanks.