getting not authoritative with some notifies

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Wed Jul 27 16:52:47 UTC 2016

I have an issue I can't seem to figure out, when I make a zone change on the
master server it sends out notifies to the slave, the slave updates the zone
once it sees the notify but I get this in the logs.

named[7062]: client xx.xx.64.2#51056: received notify for zone 'xxx: not
authoritative

However some zones I don't get the message above some I do, I'm not using
views so I'm lost as to why this is happening.

Also is there a recommended way to go through the named.conf file and l
query to see which zones no longer point to you NS servers so I can remove
old stale DNS entries that I'm no longer authoritative for. I was thinking
of using dig +trace in a script but I'm not sure if there is a better way.

Thanks, Paul