Issues resolving outlook.office365.com

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 11:42:22 UTC 2016

On 16/06/16 12:15, Tony Finch wrote:
> Thomas Sturm <tst at open.ch> wrote:
>>
>> We are experiencing strange intermittent issues when resolving
>> outlook.office365.com, but also with other domains like e.g.
>> amazonaws.com or snort.org.
>
> Based on recent discussions on the mailop list

For what it's worth, I've been aggressively monitoring DNS resolution of
outlook.office365.com from all four of our recursives, both A & AAAA,
once a minute for the past 3 months.

(This was as part of "proving" that various O365 issues were client
side, not network-triggered)

I haven't had a single failed or bad response, for over 1M queries (4x
resolvers, 2x queryies - one each A/AAAA, once a minute)

Our recursive servers are bind 9.10, and have been variously over the
period 9.10.3-P2, 9.10.3-P4 and 9.10.4-P1.