what does "max-ncache-ttl 0;" mean?

MURTARI, JOHN jm5903 at att.com
Wed Mar 2 13:21:58 UTC 2016

Folks,

                Never has so little been said by so many?  The OP asked:
======

man pages for named.conf says "max-ncache-ttl <integer>" and only talks about default values and max values - no mention of minimum-value.

Does "max-ncache-ttl 0;" mean never cache negative queries (queries resulting in NXDOMAIN) or does it mean cache negative queries forever?

Too lazy to test this option or look bind code :), hence posting here - apologies in advance..!!

======

                So far, all the postings I've seen just echo what he already said (and knows).  The question is - what happens when you set it to ZERO?

                I'm wondering myself - anyone have a real answer?

                Smiles!

John

John Murtari - jm5903 at att.com<mailto:jm5903 at att.com>
Ciberspring