DNS Service Discovery

Valentin Bud valentin at databus.pro
Mon Mar 14 15:00:14 UTC 2016

Also the OP could check out Consul, hashicorp/consul on GitHub.
It even has a DNS API to query for registered services. An exquisite
piece of technology IMO. Enjoy.

On 14/03/16 14:33, Ray Bellis wrote:
> On 14/03/2016 12:23, Phil Mayers wrote:
>
>> Stack overflow or similar may be a better place to start.
> Definitely not stackoverflow - unless the question is clearly
> programming related it would be closed with extreme prejudice.
>
> I'd suggest the OP should investigate further what's happening in the
> IETF DNS-SD working group, and particularly the "hybrid proxy zeroconf"
> work that's split between there and the Homenet WG.   That latter work
> is intended to allow inter-segment service discovery without resorting
> to site-scoped multicast.
>
> Ray

Valentin Bud
CEO

Databus - We build Clouds.
valentin at databus.pro | +40-729-633-476
Romania, Timisoara, 300570, Somes 17
http://www.databus.pro | @databuspro

--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is