Can bind be configured to not drop RR's from the cache when the upstream DNS server is unresponsive

Darcy Kevin (FCA) kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Fri Mar 18 20:48:08 UTC 2016

So, they’re not the least bit embarrassed by their abject inability to provide reliable authoritative nameservice, eh?

In my experience, partners who have egg on their faces because they’ve recently caused major outages, tend to be more willing than usual to co-operate on ways to prevent further outages, and replicating zone data *is* the classic way to enhance its availability.

(And hopefully you understand that slaving the zone doesn’t require your nameservers to be published for them, although if you’re a “stealth slave” you might want to make special arrangements for NOTIFY, as I touched on in my previous message).

                                                                                                                                                - Kevin

[FCA_Pantone_email]
Kevin Darcy
NAFTA Information Security Projects