Strange intermittent resolution

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri May 27 19:39:23 UTC 2016

Over the past week or more, I have occasionally tried to drop
in and read the forum discussions on this one particular site:

  www.amlinuxmedia.com

Strangely, my own local name server seems to be able to resolve
that name only intermittently.  First it resolved OK, then it doesn't
for awhile, then it is OK again, and right now it is not resolving again.

These problems are almost certainly due to some screw up on my end
(and I admit to running a pretty old version of BIND),  but if any of
you kind souls would be willing to poke at this and see if there is
anything on amlinuxmedia.com's end that is messed up, I would appreciate
it.  Thanks.

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  To be clear, I don't seem to be having such problems with any other
site or domain on the net.  Also, "dig +trace www.amlinuxmedia.com"
seems to work perfectly OK, and the following command seems to work
just fine also:

dig www.amlinuxmedia.com @ns1.hothostinginc.com

But these commands die with "connection timed out; no servers could be reached":

dig www.amlinuxmedia.com
dig www.amlinuxmedia.com @127.0.0.1