What to report for "refresh: failure trying master ... operation canceled" bug?

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 23:27:45 UTC 2016

Thanks for the insight.
I added the following rule
sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --direct --get-all-rules
[sudo] password for admin:
ipv4 filter OUTPUT 0 -d 10.10.10.100 -p tcp -m tcp --dport=53 -j ACCEPT
where 10.10.10.100 is our DNS master, still receiving the error.

I found a solution for RHEL5/6,
Root Cause
•In socket_send() function the lock is not taken when doio_send() is
invoked.
•This makes possible for two or more threads to invoke doio_send()
simultaneously, resulting in the race which caused the error to appear on
the logfile

but my environment is latest RHEL7.

named: zone refresh: failure results in the operation to be canceled on
RHEL5/6

$ Solution Verified  - Updated March 5 2014 at 5:39 AM -  English

Environment
•Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
•bind-9.3.4-10.P1.el5
•Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
•bind-9.7.0-5.P2.el6

Issue

•named: zone refresh: failure ... operation canceled

Raw
Jan  1 00:00:00 xxx named[xxxx]: zone xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa/IN: refresh:
failure trying master xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53 (source xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#0):
operation canceled

Resolution
•For RHEL5, RHBA-2012:0254-1 at
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2012-0254.html