ISC Bind 9.11 and dyndb-ldap

Pallissard, Matthew matt at pallissard.net
Mon Oct 17 21:49:43 UTC 2016

On 10/16/2016 09:34 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <cc788a8c-0d45-4726-b6c1-01766a8b5a83 at typeapp.com>, "Pallissard, Matt" writes:
>>
>> Has anyone successfully used LDAP as a dynamic back-end for bind 9.11?
>>
>> Unless I'm reading the release notes/new features pages incorrectly the bind-dyndb-ldap plugin has been rolled into ISC's official release and I shouldn't have to mess around with patching/building it from source.
>>

>> Yet I get the following errors upon startup;
>>
>> named[9937]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
>> named[9937]: /etc/named.conf:23: unknown option 'dynamic-db'
>> named[9937]: loading configuration: failure
>> named[9937]: exiting (due to fatal error)
>> systemd[1]: named.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
>>

>> I'm using the package provided by Arch Linux and can provide the flags the bind package was compiled with if those are relevant.
>>
>> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Did you mean "dyndb" perhaps?
>
>> Matt Pallissard

Changing from dynamic-db to dyndb still causes named to fail.

Using formatting similar to this;

dyndb "domain.net" {
  library "ldap.so"
  arg...
}

Gives the following error;

named[31641]: /etc/named.conf:23: expected quoted string near '{

Most of the documentation I can find around this seems to use 'dynamic-db' in named.conf

Matt Pallissard