DNS views and zone transfers, cont

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:58:11 UTC 2016

I have moved the new views into production, and all seems to be working
fine. I have an "internal" view and an "external" view. I have noticed a
few re-occuring messages in the logs of the master server that I'd like to
suppress. Here is what I am seeing:

1) Warning: view external: 'empty-zones-enable/disable-empty-zone' not set:
disabling RFC 1918 empty zones: 37 Time(s)

2) connect(fe80::216:3eff:fe37:b866#53) 22/Invalid argument: 7 Time(s)

3) zone
0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.IP6.ARPA/IN/external:
(master) removed: 1 Time(s)
     zone 112/x.x.x.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN: (master) removed: 1 Time(s)
     zone x.x.x.in-addr.arpa/IN: (master) removed: 1 Time(s)

For # 3 I basically see an entry for each of our reverse mapping zones,
which are valid and I don't want them "removed" as the message states And I
think these are related to #1. I believe I can fix #1 with the
"empty-zones-enable
no;" in my external view, but I am not sure what effect it would have on
the message generation or how it would affect zone behavior in that view.

For #2, - I already have a statement "server fe80::/16 { bogus yes; };" in
my named.conf. However it is above the options statement and I am now
wondering if I need this defined in each view now. Also this
fe80::216:3eff:fe37:b866
is not even my actual link local IP so I am not sure where/how that is
being generated. My actual link local is
fe80::f21f:afff:fedd:6a26/64

Any help is greatly appreciated.