Load balancer for Bind

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Sep 14 17:43:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 06:17:13PM +0200, Job wrote:
> which is the best load balancer for two or more Bind DNS Server, located in the same farm?
> I read something about HAProxy but it does not manage udp connection and the interesting security proxy/balancer DnsDist does not pass original client ip for Bind-DLZ...

Hi Francesco,

dnsdist can transfer the original IP over EDNS Client Subnet (ECS).
http://dnsdist.org/README/ has how this works.

I don't know if BIND can make use of the original IP address though.
PowerDNS geoipbackend can in any case. BIND is also an excellent choice.

Good luck!

        Bert (one of the dnsdist authors)