Load balancer for Bind

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 13:22:24 UTC 2016

On 16/09/16 14:16, bert hubert wrote:

> Your question is justified of course. The history of dnsdist goes back to
> 2013.  We spent most of 2015 ramping it up, and even as we were doing so it
> was already being deployed, pre-1.0.0.

I was mainly wondering about the comment:

"""
dnsdist is still very fresh software. However, we are actively seeking
feedback, but not quite yet production users. Please let us know your
thoughts on powerdns.ideas at powerdns.com!
"""

...from
https://blog.powerdns.com/2015/03/11/introducing-dnsdist-dns-abuse-and-dos-aware-query-distribution-for-optimal-performance/,
linked prominently from the project homepage.

Anyway, it's a really interesting looking bit of software - I've got a
new thing on the TODO list to inspect.