Organization IP address is getting redirected to a website which does not belong to the organization.

Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR Bhangui.Sandeep at bls.gov
Sat Sep 17 15:51:00 UTC 2016

Hi

Not exactly sure whether this is a DNS issue but hoping someone here on this forum can provide some advice/suggestion as I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Our organization BLS owns ( registered with the registrar )  the network address 146.142.xxx.xxx.

But if someone  from the Internet [ outside of BLS network )  tries to go to "http://146.142.7.113"   it gets redirected to a site in UK called "us.watcheezy.com"

I have checked the DNS from the BLS  side and we do not have any entry of  any kind for  the record  146.142.7.113 on our DNS.

I have also done DNS lookups for watcheezy.com and those seem to be good too with respect to IP and the NS and as to what those NS are reporting.

Can anyone throw some light on as to what is going on here.....does not look like a DNS issue to me but I could be wrong.

Thanks
Sandeep