forwarder (YES/NO)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 20 13:16:41 UTC 2016

Am 20.09.2016 um 15:03 schrieb Pol Hallen:
>> what happend if you leave it working (without forwarders) for some time?
>> BIND should cache frequently used data and provide them quickly.
>
> I don't know. I start now testing without forwarders and tonight I see
>
>> when you use google forwarder, the main difference is that most of those
>> data are probably already cached.
>
> How can I replicate same thing?

by just ask bind for names it will cache the response as long as the TTL
of the origin zone says - there is nothing to replicate, you share your
cache in case of google with others

if you server don't have a name cached it's either asked the first time
or long after the last question and hence it don't matter if it is a
cache hit when the response is used only once or twice per day