adding second zone

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Sep 23 09:30:34 UTC 2016

In message <037ba6b1-fa12-945c-e9ac-e2a99d7131b4 at thelounge.net>, Reindl Harald writes:

> Am 23.09.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Pol Hallen:
> > 2 zone on same network (192.168.1.0/24)
>
> you can't have two ptr-zones for the same ip-block and the reasons are
> very obvious - what should the naswer be? from zone 1, zone 2, both, mixed?

> >> you apparently have 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa defined two times
> >> what are you trying to do?

I suspect there is a tool being used to build forward and reverse
zones from a common source.  This is being done for two zones both
using the same /24 for addresses resulting in two instances of the
reverse zone.  The contents of these zones need to be merged outside
of named, not inside named.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org