adding zone forwards without restart

Frank Even lists+isc.org at elitists.org
Thu Sep 29 19:25:00 UTC 2016

I am running chrooted.  I'm relying on the "feature" of BIND "mounting" the
standard dirs into a chroot via the standard startup scripts in Cent6/7.
My understanding is it's not "copying" the files anywhere, but using those
that are there.  I am modifying them via puppet on the system.  I've even
created a "service" to only do an "rndc reconfig" instead of refreshing the
service to ensure I can do safe puppet runs.  But yeah, no matter what I
do, nothing short of a restart of the service (typically "service named
restart" on EL6 and "service named-chroot restart" on EL7) works.