Unable to slave root zones

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Apr 7 16:21:19 UTC 2017

Mark Knight <lists at knigma.org> wrote:

> I've just noticed (after the slave zones expired), that the root name servers
> have been refusing my zone transfer requests since the end of March.

This is because Cloudflare are now helping isc.org to host
f.root-servers.net, and the Cloudflare instances don't allow zone
transfers.

https://lists.dns-oarc.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2017-March/016150.html

I have switched to transferring the root zone from k.root-servers.net.

Tony.
South Utsire: Northwesterly 5 or 6, occasionally 7 at first in southeast,
backing westerly 4 or 5. Slight or moderate, occasionally rough at first in
southeast. Occasional drizzle, fog patches. Moderate or good, occasionally
very poor.