BIND 9 windows XP builds

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Apr 18 01:45:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 09:08:28PM -0400, Paul Kosinski wrote:
> I can see somebody running XP for some "legacy" software that doesn't
> run nicely on newer versions of Windows, but I would think it extremely
> risky to have such a machine connected to the Internet.

Yes, it seems like an extremely bad idea.

But, I wanted to find out whether there's a reason for so many people to
still be doing this -- even if it wasn't a very good reason -- before I cut
them off.

So far, the only answers I've gotten were from a couple of people who are
in the habit of downloading all the files for each release, but don't
actually use the XP builds. If that turns out to be the only explanation
I hear, then we'll drop XP support after the upcoming releases are final.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.