Slow zone signing with ECDSA

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Apr 20 01:43:51 UTC 2017

In message <SN1PR0201MB1903C61397050AB692025776B01B0 at SN1PR0201MB1903.namprd02.p
rod.outlook.com>, "Spain, Dr. Jeffry A." writes:
> > Install and run haveged... The problem is your system doesn't have
> > enough entropy
>
> This was clearly the problem. I built a new test server with haveged
> installed, and the bind9 completed ECDSAP256SHA256 signing in 5 seconds.
> I used 9.11.1 this time since it was just released today.

DSA requires random values as part of the signing process.  Really
all CPU's should have real random number sources built into them
and new genuine random values should only be a instruction code away.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org