[ot] Re: botched KSK rollover

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 21:22:45 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 08:25:00AM -0700, Carl Byington wrote:
> > Sigh, it sure would be nice if I had a registrar with a means
> > to automate DS submission.
>
> You might want to look at gkg.net

I've been planning to do that for a long time, I guess this is a
reason to move on that.

I was in chat with Godaddy support 90 minutes yesterday, trying to
discover why the DS I entered was not being served by .US servers.
Something was/is wrong with their DS handling, and I had proof, but
they could not understand/believe it.

After some time with the first tier, I asked to be escalated.  And
then I described the issue to the second tier: "Trying to enter a new
DS for nodns4.us ... the old one, key tag 60073, is there, but not
the new one, 16408."  His reply floored me, but I suppose should not
have been a surprise:

"Sorry, what's DS?"

:)

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-a-ds-record-6148

The discussion ended without satisfaction or acknowledgement of
Godaddy's problem in DS handling, just the stock "wait for DNS
'propagation'" answer they probably give quite regularly.  But in the
meantime they must have had someone looking into the problem, because
my new DS is now in place.

Whew.  My son joked, I should have told him, "DS stands for
Disgusting Service, in Godaddy's case."  I can think of a few other
appropriate things, as well, which might not befit mention on this
nice mailing list. :)
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/