Need DNS records help for single server (and IP), and multi-domain mail server.

wbrown at e1b.org wbrown at e1b.org
Wed Aug 23 20:01:50 UTC 2017

MX records cannot point to an IP address.  try this:

x.tld   MX      10      x.tld.

--
William Brown
Messaging Team

"bind-users" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org> wrote on 08/23/2017
03:28:12 PM:

> From: Tom Browder <tom.browder at gmail.com>
> To: bind-users at lists.isc.org
> Date: 08/23/2017 03:29 PM
> Subject: Need DNS records help for single server (and IP), and
> multi-domain mail server.
> Sent by: "bind-users" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org>
>
> I have a single remote server with one IP address (142.54.186.2) I
> am using it to host multiple, independent domains.  I am working on
> configuring a single postfix instance to serve mail for all domains
> (assuming I can successfully rewrite appropriate parts of mail in and
out).

> From referring to "DNS and BIND" and previous discusssions here and
> on the postfix users list I have re-examined my domain DNS records
> to see if I can cover my requirements more easily.
>
> Given such a configuration described in the first paragraph, does
> the following set of DNS records for a domain look look appropriate:
>
> # For each domain X.TLD:
> X.TLD.      IN    A                 142.54.186.2.
> *.X.TLD.    IN   CNAME       X.TLD.
> X.TLD.      IN    MX              10   142.54.186.2.
> X.TLD.      IN    TXT             "v=spf1 mx -all"
>
> Thanks.
>
> With warmest regards,
>
> -Tom
>
> Stream: WBROWN

> Spam
> Not spam
> Forget previous vote_______________________________________________
> unsubscribe from this list
>
> bind-users mailing list
> bind-users at lists.isc.org

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.