Testing...

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Aug 30 16:44:32 UTC 2017

Grant Taylor <gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net> wrote:

> There is additional footer content (as well as headers) in messages from the
> mailing list.
>
> Does Gmail detect that and ignore it?  Or is the message simply folded into
> the conversation in Gmail?

No, I believe deduplication is based purely on the message-ID, but as far
as I can see it isn't documented by Google. If you have more questions
about Gmail you should take them elsewhere. There are reasons I am no
longer a postmaster...

Tony.
Trafalgar: North or northwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later. Moderate,
occasionally rough later in northwest. Showers. Good.