anybody building without crypto?

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Dec 6 17:39:40 UTC 2017

Greetings,

There's a discussion going on in ISC about whether anyone still uses
"configure --without-openssl", and whether we should simplify the BIND code
by making a crypto provider mandatory, eliminating all the #ifdef's and
workarounds that allow it to build without one.

If you're building with crypto disabled, would you mind contacting me,
either privately or on list, so we can have a conversation about why you
chose that option?

My guess is this isn't something anybody needs anymore, but in the
interest of due diligence I'm prepared to be educated.

Thanks,

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.