[Question] zone transfer issue with multiple views

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Fri Dec 8 23:29:58 UTC 2017

On 8 December 2017 at 17:37, Eoin Kim <Eoin.Kim at rcst.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Thanks for your help. But is it possible to do it without additional IP
> address? I thought that I am not really bad with BIND but as soon as I
> started using views, I'm going nowhere [image: 😊]
>

> In order for the slave's View A to transfer from the master's View A, and
the slave's View B to transfer from the master's view B, there has to be
some way for the master to differentiate the two views on the slave and
answer their queries from the correct view.   Source IP address is the
typical way to do that.

You could probably select on source port instead, by setting the slave's
transfer-source to a particular port for each view.  I've never set this up
myself, but I just checked the ARM and it looks like you can use any legal
address_match_list in the view's match-clients list, so you could also
select on TSIG key used, if you assign per-view TSIG keys.