Max slaves limit?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 18 20:01:06 UTC 2017

Bob McDonald <bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen cases where folks have added all of the Domain Controller
> addresses for an AD forest to the NS list for a domain. This results in
> huge TCP response packets for ALL requests to that domain.

You can safely reduce the size of answers using the `minimal-responses
no-auth` or `no-auth-recursive` options available in 9.11 and later.
The default in 9.12 changes from `no` to `no-auth-recursive`.

Tony.
South Biscay: Northerly 5 or 6, veering northeasterly 4 or 5. Moderate or
rough, becoming slight or moderate. Rain at first. Good, occasionally poor at
first.