DDNS - limitation and excluding updates from certain networks

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Dec 20 17:40:31 UTC 2017

On 12/20/2017 06:27 AM, MAYER Hans wrote:
> And I don’t wont that this static names can by changed by someone out
> of an IP range, where it is allowed.  I didn’t find any hint to block
> certain IP ranges to be updated within a dynamic zone.

I don't remember the specifics, but there is a way built into BIND to do
what you are wanting.

I think there's an ACL configuration where you can configure that DDNS
clients are only able to update the records that they own.  -  I think
ownership is related to the connecting IP.

I do remember that when I tested this, it was trivial to set up and one
configuration entry seemed to apply multiple DDNS clients.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember any more specifics.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die