DDNS - limitation and excluding updates from certain networks

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Wed Dec 27 20:31:20 UTC 2017

Hello Dirk,

Many thanks. Yes, that’s exactly what I am looking for.
I have  "ddns-update-style interim;”
But what do you mean with "static entry” ?
For example my "static entries” are all servers.
But the server don’t have any DHCP entries. The IP addresses of the interfaces are “hard wired”.
And they have a DNS entry. Long time ago generated and should never be changed by any DHCP client.
( If the client should ever have the same name as a server )

Do all your clients also generate a TXT record within DNS ?

Kind regards
Hans

—