domain-unable-resolve

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 9 09:19:36 UTC 2017

Am 09.02.2017 um 08:32 schrieb Ejaz:
> Time to time we are having problem in resolving some domains, one of
> them is  “*abudawood.com*” we unable to resolve through our DNS servers
> of “ns10.cyberia.net.sa” where I  have latest bind version and all, what
> could be the issue and what is the best way to trouble shoot.

well, that domain is maintained by incompetent admins and violates
several rules - a single point of failre combined with a SOA expire of
15 minutes - i better don't speak out what i think

https://intodns.com/abudawood.com

I could use the nameservers listed below to performe recursive queries.
It may be that I am wrong but the chances of that are low. You should
not have nameservers that allow recursive queries as this will allow
almost anyone to use your nameservers and can cause problems. Problem
record(s) are:
212.118.102.2

ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
The ones that did not respond are:
212.118.102.3

WARNING: Not all of your nameservers are in different subnets

WARNING: Single point of failure

WARNING: Your SOA REFRESH interval is: 900. That is not so ok

Your SOA EXPIRE number is: 86400. That is NOT OK