Best way to handle a delegation...

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 22 03:28:07 UTC 2017

Am 22.01.2017 um 03:59 schrieb Grant Taylor via bind-users:
> Please forgive the naive question, but why can't you just delegate from
> domain.com to subdomain.domain.com, even internally?

you can - the second one is a rbldnsd hosting our honeypot DNSBL (don't
use it anywhere, the public NS answering with wildcard to prevent that)

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ dig NS thelounge.net
;; ANSWER SECTION:
thelounge.net.          3600    IN      NS      arrakis.thelounge.net.
thelounge.net.          3600    IN      NS      backup-arrakis.thelounge.net

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ dig NS dnsbl.thelounge.net
;; ANSWER SECTION:
dnsbl.thelounge.net.    3600    IN      NS
backup-thx1138.thelounge.net.
dnsbl.thelounge.net.    3600    IN      NS      thx1138.thelounge.net.