filter-aaaa-on-v4 does not filter AAAA if there is no existing A Record with the same FQDN - working as designed?

addie addie at gmx.ch
Wed Jan 25 22:50:05 UTC 2017

So we can assume that this is working as designed?!
However, it would be very interesting to know why this policy does not filter AAAA Records when there is no A record. From my point of view this policy is useless.
If we want to prevent clients from receiving any AAAA Records for every case, there should not be any exception. Are there any critical side effects that I disregard?