bind-9.11.0-P2 on Debian 9.0 (stretch)

Fajar A. Nugraha work at fajar.net
Fri Jan 27 13:40:55 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Wolfgang Riedel <wriedel at me.com> wrote:

> Just wonder if there is some agreed guidance on what steps I SHOULD take
> to get bind-9.11.0-P2 successfully build on Debian 9.0?

The generic recommendation on debian would probably be 'use whatever the
distro comes with, as they maintain security fixes for those as well'.
Debian's bind9 package uses native-pkcs11 with libsofthsm2.so, but I
haven't been able to get this to work with bind-9.11.0-P2.

If you 'just want to build bind-9.11.0-P2', debian stretch has
libssl1.0-dev. Install that, then bind's simple ./configure (plus
--prefix=/opt/bind9, if you want) should be able to pick it up correctly.

--
Fajar