reverse dns configuration for IPV4, IPV6+ dns+ mail ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jun 19 14:56:06 UTC 2017

On 19.06.17 15:32, Reindl Harald wrote:
>not directly but by the fact that someone was smart enough to reqest
>a sane PTR and nother one was not somart enough to remove a useless
>one, by just follow "1 IP has exactly 1 PTR - period" that never
>would have been possible

You are in fact advising people to follow rule that does not exist.

This thread started because someone tried to follow rules that do not exist.

>>>in all of these cases just remove the old useless generic PTR
>>>would have solved the problem from the start
>>>
>>>so please inform yourself and do tests.....
>>
>>go reread the OP's question. He asked about "ns" and "mail" records.
>>there's no need to comment something noone did propose
>
>since DNS don't care about the PTR but mail does what is your problem
>that you need stupid dicussions instead just agree that it can't do
>harm and in doubt is beneficial to have just one hostname, use that
>one hostname in helo_name and have just one PTR pointing back to that
>hostname?

I'm trying to avoid future problems caused by people who follow non-existing
rules by advising properly and explaining.

I have encountered many issues caused by people insisting on non-existing
rules and breaking thing just by trying to follow them.

I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.