wildcard not working after record deleted

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 14:37:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 09:29:59AM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 09:17:58AM -0400, Maria Iano wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer. There are no other records with that name
> > in the zone, and an ANY query comes back empty but still with
> > status of NOERROR. Unfortunately, I can't provide the query and
> > zone data, and I do understand that prevents you from helping.
> >
> > I was hoping someone else had come across this at some point.
>
> I can continue to waste our time with guesses, however. :)
>
> Have you tried directed queries to an authoritative nameserver?
> Today's guess is that you might be seeing some kind of caching
> issue.

Today's guess retracted, I just saw your followup. :)

> Is the authoritative nameserver BIND?

If so, what version?  You might need to file a bug report (and as of
now the bug database is entirely private; that will be changing soon,
but if you ask them, ISC will keep your bug report private.)

Of course, if the server in question is *not* BIND, you're in the
wrong place to ask. :)
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/