wildcard not working after record deleted

Maria Iano bind-lists at iano.org
Tue Jun 20 17:00:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 12:22:42PM -0400, wbrown at e1b.org wrote:
> Can you post a copy of the zone file, changing any server names that
> absolutely must be obscure?

Thank you for your help with this, and you are right, if I had sent you
the edited zone file that would have revealed the cause - i.e. the
subdomain records of the deleted records. I had searched for records
beginning with the deleted names, and not records that were
subdomains of the deleted names. Also, our secondary DNS providers hand
out the wildcard record even though the subdomain records exist.

Thanks!
Maria