Bind9 - Tuning

Filho Arrais kuruminbranco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 04:21:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a 9.9.5 recursive bind server running on Debian 8 at an internet
provider. The peak reaches 3,000 queries, that number will be much greater
when we put more customers to use dns.

Please could suggest bind adjustments, security tips, and kernel
improvements for better performance. Any tip for improvement is
welcome. Currently we do not serve IPv6, but we will be in production soon.

The server is a VM with 4 vcore and 4 gb of RAM, which can be upgraded, if
necessary.

*/etc/bind/named.conf.options*

options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";