CNAME with RPZ pointing to RPZ A record ?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue May 9 10:39:32 UTC 2017

devzero at web.de <devzero at web.de> wrote:

> We use lot`s of CNAME aliasses for server virtual host name aliasses, i.e.
>
> myserver         IN A           1.2.3.4
> myserver-vhost1	 IN CNAME	myserver.
> myserver-vhost2	 IN CNAME	myserver.
> myserver-vhost3	 IN CNAME	myserver.
>
> How can we do that with RPZ ?

You could set up canonical names for your dev servers outside the
namespace that needs to be overridden, so that you can point the RPZ
CNAMEs outside the RPZ domain.

Or you could replace the RPZ CNAME records with address records.

Tony.
Biscay: Easterly or northeasterly 5 or 6, occasionally 7 at first, becoming
variable 4 later in south. Moderate or rough, becoming slight or moderate
later. Thundery showers later. Good, occasionally poor later.