Why would a master zone use forwarders ?

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Fri May 12 13:34:22 UTC 2017

This would only change behavior if the server has global forwarding.

If it is master for a foo.com and also has global forwarding it will use
the global forward for any delegated child domains under foo.com unless
they are also loaded locally.  The forward{} turns off global forwarding
for that branch of the tree.