Email & PTR Issues [Solved]

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Nov 9 16:23:54 UTC 2017

On 11/7/2017 3:09 PM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <mailman.18.1510078093.749.bind-users at lists.isc.org> you write:
>>>      I have issues emailing to certain domains. I use my own mail
>>>      server to deliver mail. It is currently not sending through SMTP
>>>      Relay. The failure says that I have a missing PTR record. For example:
> I'm amazed that it works at all.  Like most ISPs, AT&T usually blocks
> port 25 on their consumer broadband.
>
> If you want to run your own mail server, get a VPS somewhere.  They're cheap,
> like $5/mo or less if you pay by the year.  If you just want your mail to work,
> get it hosted somewhere.
>
> R's,
> John

No guarantee how long it will last, but I did verify that that will not
block any ports before signing up as I was coming from Business Class
with Time Warner/Spectrum.

Anyway, AT&T came through. I posted on their forum and got a response
from someone at AT&T. They gave me the contact information for their DNS
services. This morning they updated the PTR record and mail is working
for sites that it wasn't working from before.

Thanks for all the help everyone.