Bind/Named 9.9 auth-nxdomain question

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Nov 10 12:05:29 UTC 2017

Filipe Cifali <cifali at kinghost.com.br> wrote:

> I need to make an authoritative server that gives 'AA' flags to every query, I
> would need to set only auth-nxdomain right?

Don't use auth-nxdomain, it has been obsolete for 15 years.

> I'm running this config:

That looks like a recursive server configuration to me - there aren't any
zones configured.

I don't really understand what you are trying to acheive, but if you just
want to say "no" to everything then you want a config like the following,
where db.null is the usual empty zone.

options {
	directory "/var/bind";
	additional-from-cache no;
	empty-zones-enable no;
	minimal-responses yes;
	recursion no;
};

zone "." {
	type master;
	file "db.null";
};

Tony.
Dogger, Fisher, German Bight: Northwest 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale
9 at first. Rough or very rough, occasionally high at first. Showers. Good.