BIND Server running but not responding

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:08:37 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 02:51:32PM +0100, Admin Hardy wrote:
> I am requesting resolution for "rota.rotatesting.com" (see below)
>
> the full http request happens to be
> "http://rota.rotatesting.com:8081/mywebapp/"
>
> The client software (browser) cannot resolve the name
> I downloaded dedicated DNS Lookup software and the request times out
> looks like the server is not responding with anything.
>
> Just two of the log files have logging.
>
> I would be really grateful if you could suggest possible causes:

Sure.  The logs report a lot of this:

> 18-Apr-2018 14:14:21.649 could not listen on UDP socket: permission
> denied

Your OS denies named the permission to create the UDP socket on which
to listen for queries.

That means, of course, that you're not able to receive queries.  It's
Windows doing this, so you need Windows help.  I'm unable to provide
that.  Good luck.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/