Fwd: Re: BIND Server running but not responding

Admin Hardy admin at innerface.net
Wed Apr 18 15:09:55 UTC 2018

Thank you everyone so much.

So sorry, I was somehow (stupidly) misreading the log.

I have now disabled the other service that I didn't twig was also
binding to port 53 and have added a rule for named.exe to the firewall

So sorry about the rndc-key's secret.  I think my BIND server is
internal only (no forwarding for 53 in my internet facing router) but
what is a quick way for me to change/recreate the key/secret?  Without
going through my setup script over again.  I am very new to this and I
don't want to break anything having finally got it working.

Sorry.  I shall be more careful in future to properly check and edit the
content of my posting.

Thanks again.