Creating CNAME Resource Records (RR) to Redirect Readers to My Wordpress and Blogspot Blogs Don't Work

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Aug 8 13:43:17 UTC 2018

On 08.08.18 08:28, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>I have 2 redundant blogs, one at wordpress.com (example.wordpress.com) and another at blogspot.sg (example.blogspot.sg).
>
>I have a Domain Name Service (DNS) server (ns1 and ns2) at home in Singapore.
>
>I would like to create two CNAME resource records to redirect readers to my wordpress and blogspot blogs respectively.
>
>For example,
>
>CNAME: wordpress.mydomain.com REDIRECT to example.wordpress.com
>
>CNAME: blogspot.mydomain.com REDIRECT to example.blogspot.sg
>
>But the CNAME records I have created and redirection don't work at all. Did I miss out anything?

what do you mean they do not work?

Note that the web server handling example.wordpress.com MUST know that the
wordpress.mydomain.com is alternative name to example.wordpress.com,
OR you must configure http server for wordpress.mydomain.com anywhere just to
send HTTP redirect to example.wordpress.com.

CNAME does not cause HTTP redirects and no HTTP server I know parses CNAME
just to know which site you mean.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.