BIND and persistent connections

Browne, Stuart Stuart.Browne at team.neustar
Tue Dec 18 22:40:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I noticed that over the last few days on a number of our name servers in Tokyo that Google has started making persistent TCP connections to our name servers.

I'm all for this as a concept, but it appears they're making many thousands of connections and not tearing them down after any given time or number of queries (that I can identify at least) over both IPv4 and IPv6.

I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on how to limit the concurrency or at least the lifetime of these persistent connections within BIND.

Stuart Browne