Minimum TTL?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Feb 9 08:17:12 UTC 2018

On 09.02.18 08:21, Reindl Harald wrote:
>and i can tell you from where they are coming:
>
>CISCO router with "DNS-ALG" between primary and slave writing in
>front of every CNAME explicit a TTL 0 statement - was there and it
>takes a long time until you realize that your slave repsonds with
>differnt data as you configured

which, in advance, hugely increases the amount of DNS queries sent by
clients for hosts that are widely used. That can backfire and hugely
increase load (session count) on those cisco routers.

Using min-ttl would help much there. And it's the part that can be fixed on
side of BIND without waiting for network admins.

been there too...

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.